Within the framework of the TRAINPOST distance-learning programme, which is based on a simpler and more user-friendly training approach, the Universal Postal Union (UPU) offers the participant trainees, in Postal Technologies training field, several important courses in the programme. One of them is dealing with «IPS database maintenance & monitoring ».
- Explain what relational databases and tables are and how to view them in Enterprise Manager.
- Explain the naming conventions for tables in IPS.
- Identify the different types of database objects used in IPS and their importance.
- Explain the various aspects of SQL security.
- Name the two roles created by IPS.
- Explain what a transaction log is and why it is important.
- Explain how to back up your database and transaction log.
- Explain how to create a database maintenance plan.
- Explain how to restore your database and transaction log.
Target Population :
This course is intended for IPS system administrators, or anyone who must install or maintain IPS. This course is for you if:
Your organization uses IPS and you are responsible for working with the database.
You already have a basic understanding of Microsoft SQL Server but need to know how SQL works with IPS.
NOTE : The learner may choose the language in which to follow the courses (Arabic, English, French or Spanish), via the relevant home page.